Thursday, March 18, 2010

Insider Sales

Have you ever had someone sell something to you?

Have you ever had to sell something to yourself? For instance, you see a pair of shoes in the window of a shop at the mall, and you know you don't actually NEED that particular pair of shoes but every part of your brain is searching for a reason as to why you should buy them -- "These shoes would make my butt look great." "These shoes would really be cute for summer." "These shoes would really bring out my eyes." (Pft, yeah right!) -- and the list goes on and on. Well let me pose this question and leave it up for individual interpretation...How good of a salesperson are you? Can you make a sale to yourself just as easily as you can to the public, and vise verse? Are you the honest salesmen that holds integrity to your pitch? Or are you a swindler?

...How good of a saleswoman am I?
I find that I've had to sell myself on so many things that I'm making myself nearly destitute. I've declared internal bankruptcy several times...and yet, I don't know how to stop selling and buying. It's an addiction. A cruel, undeniable addiction. The satisfaction of finding something that will make my life that much better than it was before is very short-lived. When do I reach that point where I no longer have to be sold on anything...I'll tell you...when I run out of reasons to convince myself of things I already know I do or do not need. Now, one thing that I may have sold YOU, the reader on, is that this blog is just a means of incoherent whining and running of the mouth as it were. But that is where you have misinterpreted things; this blog honestly does not have a whole lot to do with how I'm feeling at the time that I write any of the postings within. Much of the time when I write, it is purely thought. Not so much the exact emotion being conveyed within that thought. So though I may have a few depressed sounding entries, they're truly just ramblings of things that have entered my psyche and for some reason needed to be written down. I'm not a person of wisdom or sage advice, but something in me is saying "buy this" "sell that" whether to myself or someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget