Sunday, January 4, 2009

All I want for Christmas

So this holiday season has been absolutely amazing and full of miracles and tender mercies. All I wanted for Christmas this year was to just be with friends and family and to know that I am loved unconditionally by these people. I got what I wanted for Christmas, and more. I got all of the aforementioned list as well as a white Christmas, wonderful friends and of course a couple cool presents. :) Having my entire family together for Christmas this year all happy and loving was so important and made a huge difference in what was my previous BSLA (borderline Scrooge-like attitude) that had been creeping it's way into my spirit this year.
Now here's something that has always been a tradition since we were super little and I've always loved it dearly - Christmas morning the family gets a box of TRIX cereal. But for the past 5 years or so since we've all gotten older and most have been out of the house and married for a while, this tradition went out the window. But this year, when I opened that wonderful pantry door at my parent's house on that lovely morning, I saw a big box that had a familiar color and text to it...it was TRIX! I poured my cereal, watching as it's rainbow-sweet pebbles cascaded down into the bowl, engulfed the crunchy deliciousness in milk, took a bite...and became infinitely happy as my senses awoke with fond past Christmas memories of comforting smells, tastes, and soothing sounds and emotions. It's a simple yet significantly important tradition to me, and I'm going to pass it on to my own family, among other traditions.
Aside from the more 'touching' part, this entire thing is meant to be about my excitement for Christmas TRIX. :D
Now I'm on to write other ramblings. ;p

1 comment:

  1. I especially LOVE it that you even took, and then posted, a picture of the blessed event! :] Mammy

    ReplyDelete

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget