Friday, January 23, 2009

Nature's Wonders

One Sunday morning as I was driving back to my apartment from a much needed escape to my parent's house where I was warmly welcomed by the two kind faces I've known since birth, and the loving cuddles of my dogs and their smothering kisses, Mother Nature gave me a wonderful show, bringing all of her vast beauties to my mind. We all get caught up in the daily hustle and bustle of this journey called life, and seldom do we truly realise how blessed we are to have such graceful beauty surrounding us. All we see are hard buildings, endless pavement, dull scenes that we pass by every day. Same old song and dance time after time. But this was an eyeopening experience and was exactly what I needed - a reassurance that there is beauty and majesty even in the more drab parts of life. There was a seemingly impervious fog that filled the air, eventually making it so I couldn't see more than ten feet from my car in any direction. As I drove at a slow pace not knowing what to expect as the road kept disappearing, I began to think of what it must be like to be perpetually caught in the fog. No beacon to guide you, no lighthouse with the man to shine that light that will help you make your way through to safety. My heart sunk as I thought of those who are still in the fog and lack the motivation to keep going til they reach a clearing. After a while, everything that was hidden by the fog began to reappear and I started to feel safe and notice details more than usual. This next scene was especially breathtaking and further endorsed the previous enlightenment in the first part of this excursion; as the fog continued to let up there was a magnificent naturalistic painting laid out for my wonderment, trees covered in a brilliantly thick frost and the surrounding picturesque land and quaint little houses. After passing these visions of soul freeing beauty, everything I saw from that point on was more vibrant and detailed and lively. The bleakness that was there before had vanished completely. One well known saying was prominently playing in my mind, "...stop and smell the roses..." and my entire being was flooded with bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ESPN's Bottom Line Widget